RSF_en December 31, 2009 – Updated on January 20, 2016 French TV crew kidnapped northeast of Kabul Follow the news on Afghanistan News May 3, 2021 Find out more March 11, 2021 Find out more News News Afghanistan : “No just and lasting peace in Afghanistan without guarantees for press freedom” News Organisation RSF asks International Criminal Court to investigate murders of journalists in Afghanistan Reporters Without Borders is “extremely worried” about a TV crew working for the French TV station France 3 that was abducted in the northeastern province of Kapisa on 29 December. The kidnap victims include two French journalists and at least two Afghans. AfghanistanAsia – Pacific Abductions of foreign journalists have become increasingly frequent during the past three years. An Iraqi reporter employed by the London-based Guardian newspaper was kidnapped and then freed earlier this month. A total of nine journalists have been kidnapped by criminal groups or insurgents in Afghanistan this year. to go further This is the first time that French journalists have kidnapped in this fashion in the region since newspaper reporter Florence Aubenas’ abduction in Iraq in January 2005. Help by sharing this information Situation getting more critical for Afghan women journalists, report says The press freedom organisation added: “A degree of restraint must be shown in this case to avoid jeopardising the negotiating attempts that are under way.” “The security situation in Afghanistan, including the Kapisa region, is such that we cannot rule out any hypothesis,” Reporters Without Borders said. “We will have to wait before adopting a position on the fate of the France 3 crew but the Afghan and French authorities need to take immediate action.” Receive email alerts AfghanistanAsia – Pacific June 2, 2021 Find out more The two French journalists – a reporter and a cameraman – and their Afghan crew were working for the France 3 current affairs programme “Pièce à conviction.” There has been no word from them since they were intercepted by gunmen on a road near Omarkhil in Kapisa province on 29 December. They were reportedly using the Afghan journalist Mohamed Reza as a fixer and an Afghan driver.
The partnership marks the beginning of house-building on the site which will include a mix of three, four and five bedroom homes.Development on the site will be accelerated under a building agreement between Homes England and Barratt Homes to meet the needs of south Warrington’s growing population.The dual-phased development, known as Kings Quarter and Saviours Place is aimed at increasing the pace of housing as part of the government’s drive to deliver 300,000 new homes a year.Duncan Inglis, Head of Accelerated Delivery for the North West, at Homes England, said: “Homes England’s Strategic Plan has set out the ambitions to increase the pace, scale and quality of housing delivery and our partnership work with Barratt Homes is an example of this. The approach at Pewterspear will increase the pace of delivery beyond the market norm, leading to more quality homes being accessible in an area that has shown strong demand.“Working together with Barratt Homes to deliver 180 new homes in Warrington will provide much needed homes for the local community, 30 per cent of which are affordable.”Neil Goodwin, Managing Director at Barratt Homes Manchester, said: “Investing into local communities is an extremely important part of building a new housing development. We pride ourselves on our commitment to the local community and strive to support it wherever we can.“As our development progresses we will not only be contributing to the area financially, but the construction process will underpin 360 jobs for the local area.”Work will start on the site this month, with completion of the whole project planned for 2021.The sales launch has also got off to a great start with 43 per cent of the plots already reserved. Demand has been extremely high in the first weeks of the sales office opening on site.