The Ganjam police has solved the murder of a man whose body parts were recovered from different areas with the arrest of his wife and her lover on Saturday.According to the police, Rina Sahu (35), wife of Koko Sahu (40), had committed the murder with with help of her paramour Sunil Pradhan on March 31. One of their sons was the witness to the murder, police sources said. Sunil is a distant relative of Rina.A torso was recovered near Mardarajpur on April 2. During the next few days, chopped hands and legs were located from nearby areas. On April 10, a severed head was found near the Dengapadar canal. As there was no missing person complaint, the local police were unable to identify the victim. The victim was finally identified when his brother Golak Sahu filed a complaint with the police regarding his missing brother. The police had taken Rina into custody on May 10 for interrogation. During interrogation, she spilled the tbeans about the gruesome murder, which led to the arrest of her paramour.Illicit relationshipAccording to Sub-Divisional Police Officer (SDPO) Dilip Das, who monitored investigation of the case, Rina had developed relationship with Sunil as her husband was a migrant worker in Surat. After returning home in March, her husband had come to know about their illicit relationship and warned them to refrain from it. It had irked Rina and Sunil, who had decided to murder Koko.Another caseEarlier this month a similar case had come to fore in Ganjam district. Decomposed body of Laxmi Narayan Patra (38) from Mohana of Gajapati district was recovered from a locked rented house at Ankushpur village on May 4. Investigation revealed that he had been murdered on April 7 by his wife Jamuna Patra and her paramour Narayan Sahu. Both of them have been arrested.
The Jharkhand High Court on Saturday granted bail to Raqibul Hassan alias Ranjit Kohli, who was arrested five years ago on a complaint from national-level air rifle shooter Tara Shahdeo that he had lied to her about his religion and married her. Acting Chief Justice H.C. Mishra allowed Mr. Hassan’s bail plea on the ground that he had spent five years in judicial custody.Conditions for bail The court granted the bail on the condition that Mr. Hassan should deposit his passport, not influence witnesses and appear in the trial court on every date of hearing. If any of the conditions were flouted, then the Central Bureau of Investigation, which was handed over the case in 2015, was at liberty to move the court for cancellation of bail, the court ruled. The Bench also asked Mr. Hassan to deposit cash sureties of ₹15,000 each.Mr. Hassan was arrested on August 26, 2014, in New Delhi after Ms. Shahdeo filed an FIR against him at the Hindpiri police station here the same year, accusing him of marrying her after lying to her about his religion and physically torturing her. Ms. Shahdeo hails from Ranchi and her marriage with Mr. Hassan, which was termed “love jihad”, took place in 2014. She had filed a divorce petition on January 6, 2017, and the principal judge of the family court, B.K. Gautam, had on June 27, 2018, granted the divorce on the ground that the accused had lied about his religion and subsequently subjected Ms. Shahdeo to domestic and physical violence and allegedly exerted pressure on her to change her religion. On July 27 this year, a CBI court framed charges against Mr. Hassan and four of his alleged associates in connection with the case. The charges were framed under IPC sections 120B (criminal conspiracy) and 212 (harbouring an offender).
HOUSTON, Texas (AP) — Coach Zinedine Zidane says that Real Madrid wants to part ways with Gareth Bale, six years after it broke a world transfer record to sign the Wales winger.Zidane said on Saturday following a friendly in Houston, Texas, that he expects Madrid to conclude a transfer for Bale to another club “in the coming days.”“We’ll have to see if it goes through tomorrow, if it does then all the better,” Zidane said. “Let’s hope, for everyone’s sake, that it happens soon. The club is dealing with the club that he’ll move to.”Zidane made the comments after Bale did not play in the 3-1 loss to Bayern Munich in a preseason game.Madrid paid a then-record transfer of 100 million euros (then 132 million dollars) to sign Bale from Tottenham in 2013.Bale went on to help Madrid win four Champions League titles, one Spanish league, one Copa del Rey and several minor trophies.He also scored some spectacular goals, including a memorable bicycle kick for the first of his two goals in the 2018 Champions League final victory over Liverpool.But he has been injury prone and been criticized by Madrid fans for often underperforming during stretches of the season.Madrid is looking to overhaul its squad after one of its most disappointing seasons in recent memory when it was out of contention for any major title months before the end of the campaign.“It’s nothing personal. There comes a time when things are done because they need to be done,” Zidane said. “The situation will change and it’s for the best for everyone.”___TweetPinShare0 Shares