Lack of understanding “I am obviously concerned about the lack of understanding in certain periods of the game, with the team, particularly when we got back to 2-2,” Allardyce said. “There was nothing wrong with what we had been doing up to then, apart from we gave a very soft first goal away, which could easily have been avoided. The second goal was a cracker from Kone.” The day’s other game couldn’t match the Goodison Park encounter for goals. Steven Davis and Graziano Pelle scored in the first half as Southampton beat promoted Bournemouth 2-0 in a rare meeting of the south-coast rivals. “We worked hard; they were trying to frustrate us,” Pelle told British broadcaster Sky Sports. “We have to maybe improve some parts when we are two or three up, but we were good in the defensive part.” Southampton coped for the last 10 minutes with 10 men after Victor Wanyama was sent off after being shown a second yellow card. LIVERPOOL, England (AP): Arouna Kone got the match ball and a contract extension. The 31-year-old striker’s hat-trick yesterday powered Everton to their biggest English Premier League win in eight years, routing Sunderland 6-2. “Today was the most complete 90 minutes he has had, and it was a phenomenal 90 minutes because it triggers an extension to his contract,” Everton coach Roberto Martinez said. Kone’s first treble in English football was just reward for the player’s perseverance after a serious knee injury affected the first two years of the Ivorian’s career at Everton, having followed Martinez from Wigan in 2013. “It has been as difficult as you can get,” Martinez said. “It was a career-threatening injury. His attitude, his focus never changed, and he never chose to blame anyone and anything.” Sunderland had pulled level at 2-2 by the 50th minute – through Jermain Defoe’s volley and Steven Fletcher’s header – but Sebastian Coates’ own goal then set Everton back on the path to ending a three-game winless run in the League. Romelu Lukaku netted Everton’s fourth before Kone completed his treble, with two goals adding to his first-half strike. The opener for eighth-place Everton was provided in the 19th minute by Gerard Deulofeu, who went on to provide two assists in a game where the influence of the livewire winger proved decisive. It was Everton’s most emphatic win since routing Sunderland 7-1 in November 2007. The current Sunderland side remains in the relegation zone, having lost two of Sam Allardyce’s three matches in charge.
Donegal’s talented food and drink producers are being offered the chance to showcase their skills at a national level, thanks to Ireland’s major new artisan food festival, Bite 2015.And they have a chance to win a free stand at the festival if they manage to impress the organisers with a brief description of their services.Festival organisers are on a nationwide hunt for talented food and beverage producers for the event, which will be held in Dublin’s RDS from November 19-22. It will be a chance to exhibit your product in the run-up to the Christmas season, to over 20,000 Irish food and drink lovers who are expected to descend on the festival.“Bite 2015 is aimed at promoting Ireland’s vastly expanding artisan food and craft drinks sector, letting people with an interest in food experience just how much quality that we have in the field to the plate industry,” said festival organiser Patrick O’Sullivan.“Many of the artisans who will take part in the festival will go on to achieve success nationally, and in some cases internationally.“Now we want to offer talented people, who maybe unknown outside of their locality, the chance to bring their expertise, ideas and experiences to a wider audience.” Bite 2015 will feature top chefs and food experts as well as a huge range of producers, who are there to sell, sample and educate people about their unique products.Presented by the organisers of the National Crafts and Design Fair, in association with Spar and Eurospar, the Festival promises to be Ireland’s first and foremost interactive food expo, with attractions for all the family.“Every stand at Bite 2015 will feature quality products with unique stories behind them – encapsulating a rapidly growing industry,” said Patrick.Artisans in Donegal who would like to win a free stand at the November Bite 2015 festival are asked to write a brief 150-word description of their practice and why they deserve to be chosen.Entries, including full name and contact details and the name of this publication can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for the competition is Friday October 30. Bite 2015 takes place at the RDS Main Hall from November 19-22. Full details and booking can be found at www.bitefoodfestival.ie.DONEGAL’S ARTISAN FOOD AND DRINK PRODUCERS GIVEN CHANCE TO TAKE A ‘BITE’ OUT OF NATIONAL MARKET was last modified: October 16th, 2015 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Bite food festivaldonegaldublinRDS