The scene of the crashA 20-year-old man will appear in court today charged in connection with a series of driving offences in Co Donegal yesterday.The man, who has an address in Derry, was arrested last night by Gardaí. The arrest came just hours after a man driving a Nissan Primera fled the scene of a crash on foot – and wearing just one shoe – in Letterkenny.That man had been tailed by Gardai from Ardara on Wednesday afternoon after he was spotted driving dangerously in the area.But instead of pulling over the man continued to drive at speed.Attempts to stop the suspect using a Stinger device failed with Gardai fearing the driver could cause serious harm to other road users.The subsequent chase lasted close to an hour and came to a sudden and dramatic end in Letterkenny.He drove into an Audi A4 on De Valera Road – close to Letterkenny’s fire station – at 4.20pm.The one-shoed suspect was apprehended close to the Polestar roundabout later.He was last night charged at Letterkenny Garda Station with a number of alleged offences. He will appear at Sligo District Court later today.MAN DUE IN COURT AFTER 60KM DONEGAL CAR CHASE was last modified: March 6th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:car crashde valera roadletterkennySligo District Court
And, as of Monday, out of this world — thanks to some choreographed … The touchdown celebration dates back to 1965, when New York Giants receiver Homer Jones caught an 89-yard touchdown pass on the first play of a game and punctuated the deed by spiking the football in the end zone.That’s according to a 2009 Bleacher Report story, and I think we should stick with it.Since then the TD two-step has become one of the foremost examples of cultural and artistic expression in the world.
Source: BuaNews Unclaimed ID worry Apleni said the department was particularly worried about the thousands of unclaimed IDs at its offices. 28 January 2011 “Of serious concern to the department … is that our offices across the country have at this stage a total of 767 889 unclaimed IDs. Unless these IDs are claimed, owners will not be able to exercise their democratic right to vote.” Home Affairs offices countrywide will open from 8am to 5pm during those days set aside for voter registration. Officials are also expected to work extended hours on the day before the voter registration weekend. From extended working hours to mobile offices, the department’s director-general, Mkuseli Apleni, said plans were in place to make certain that those who applied for IDs received them on time. While the department was doing its bit to ensure that South Africans had all they required to cast their votes, citizens were also expected to play a role. He appealed to those who had received an SMS informing them their IDs were available to make every effort to collect them from their nearest Home Affairs office. Apleni said mobile offices would be deployed in areas where the department did not have an office close to registration stations. Officials at these mobile offices hand over IDs, collect and process first and re-issue applications, as well as deal with other inquiries. Assisting flood victims “We will also be visiting flood-ravaged areas to assist those who may have lost their enabling documents, including IDs,” Apleni said in Pretoria this week. Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) deputy chief executive Mosotho Moepya said the IEC was grateful and satisfied with the steps taken by the department to assist voters. The Department of Home Affairs is pulling out all the stops to ensure that as many South Africans as possible have their identity documents in time for voter registration weekend, taking place on 5 and 6 February, ahead of the upcoming local government elections.
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The Texas Farm Bureau has established a relief fund to address the agricultural losses inflicted by Hurricane Harvey. The category four storm struck Texas with a vengeance, flooding Texas farm communities, small towns and major cities. Those farm and ranch families are now left facing overwhelming odds following high winds and unprecedented rainfall.“It’s an historic storm and a disaster for many farmers and ranchers. The torrential rainfall wreaked havoc on Texas agriculture at the worst possible time—harvest season,” Texas Farm Bureau President Russell Boening said. “Hurricane Harvey struck an area of the state known for cattle, cotton and rice, and other row crops.”There’s much work ahead in rebuilding, but that’s what farmers and ranchers intend to do.Texas Farm Bureau’s Agriculture Research and Education Foundation has established the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund to aid in the recovery efforts following the devastating storm.Tax-deductible donations can be made to the foundation to assist farmers and ranchers. Donations to this fund will be dispersed via an application process directly to the farmers and ranchers affected by the hurricane.The area declared as a disaster by Gov. Greg Abbott contains about 1.2 million cattle, which is roughly 27% of the state’s cowherd.Boening noted the cotton crop on the Texas Gulf Coast was expected to be a good crop, which was needed after several years of low prices and high costs. The losses from Harvey will reduce the expected two million bale harvest by as much as 400,000 bales, according to estimates from the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service.“Texas agriculture suffered major losses,” Boening said. “Some of that will be covered by other means, but much of it will not. Farmers and ranchers are left to pick up the soggy pieces.”Harvey was the strongest storm to hit the U.S. since 2004, dropping several feet of rain.“Harvey roared into Texas and overstayed his welcome,” Boening said. “But now we look ahead — to recovery and rebuilding the farms and ranches in that part of our great state.”Click here to make a tax-deductible donation: http://texasfarmbureau.org/texas-farm-bureau-hurricane-harvey-relief-effort/Applications for assistance will be posted on the Texas Farm Bureau website at a later date.
The Jharkhand High Court on Saturday granted bail to Raqibul Hassan alias Ranjit Kohli, who was arrested five years ago on a complaint from national-level air rifle shooter Tara Shahdeo that he had lied to her about his religion and married her. Acting Chief Justice H.C. Mishra allowed Mr. Hassan’s bail plea on the ground that he had spent five years in judicial custody.Conditions for bail The court granted the bail on the condition that Mr. Hassan should deposit his passport, not influence witnesses and appear in the trial court on every date of hearing. If any of the conditions were flouted, then the Central Bureau of Investigation, which was handed over the case in 2015, was at liberty to move the court for cancellation of bail, the court ruled. The Bench also asked Mr. Hassan to deposit cash sureties of ₹15,000 each.Mr. Hassan was arrested on August 26, 2014, in New Delhi after Ms. Shahdeo filed an FIR against him at the Hindpiri police station here the same year, accusing him of marrying her after lying to her about his religion and physically torturing her. Ms. Shahdeo hails from Ranchi and her marriage with Mr. Hassan, which was termed “love jihad”, took place in 2014. She had filed a divorce petition on January 6, 2017, and the principal judge of the family court, B.K. Gautam, had on June 27, 2018, granted the divorce on the ground that the accused had lied about his religion and subsequently subjected Ms. Shahdeo to domestic and physical violence and allegedly exerted pressure on her to change her religion. On July 27 this year, a CBI court framed charges against Mr. Hassan and four of his alleged associates in connection with the case. The charges were framed under IPC sections 120B (criminal conspiracy) and 212 (harbouring an offender).