Advertisement Sokratis Papastathopoulos slams his red card decision after Arsenal’s defeat to Rennes Sokratis was sent off before half-time as Arsenal crashed to a defeat against Rennes (BPI/REX)Sokratis Papastathopoulos is unhappy with his red card in Arsenal’s defeat to Rennes and has described the decision to send him off as ‘very bad’.The Gunners took an early lead through Alex Iwobi but were reduced to 10 men before half time as the Greek centre-back was dismissed for a second yellow card.Rennes managed to equalise before the break and struck twice in the second half to seal a 3-1 win in the first leg of their Europa League tie.But Sokratis believes referee Ivan Kruzliak would not have sent him off if he had been assisted by VAR.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘Of course we are disappointed because the first half we started to play good, we had control of the game but after the decision of the referee changed the game,’ said Sokratis. Metro Sport ReporterFriday 8 Mar 2019 1:00 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link Comment Sokratis says the decision was ‘very bad’ (AFP/Getty Images)‘It is difficult to play with 10 players. I think the referee gave me two easy yellow cards. Both were too easy.‘The first, I didn’t touch him and the second is too easy, you know? In the end, 3-1, we need to score two goals at home and I think we can do it.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘He [Kruzliak] has to explain to us. For this, sometimes it is better if they put in VAR and this helps the referee a little bit more.‘The decision was very bad. Both of these two were not a yellow.‘Of course, with the VAR there, yes [I wouldn’t have been sent off]. I don’t criticise the referee but maybe if the VAR is coming, it can help. He can make mistakes, like we can.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Advertisement
Starting from mid-February, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will be conducting repairs to the North Jetty at the Mouth of the Columbia River.The jetty, North Jetty Road and nearby parking lots will be closed to public access from Feb. 12 – Oct. 30, 2018 and March 17 – Nov.1, 2019. Benson and Waikiki beaches are not affected by these repairs and will remain open during construction, reported the Corps.USACE constructed the MCR jetty system between 1885 and 1939. The system consists of three rubble-mound jetties: North Jetty, South Jetty and Jetty A. The jetties, which together total 9.7 miles in length, minimize navigation channel maintenance and make passage safer for vessels transiting between the Pacific Ocean and the Columbia River.The upcoming repairs are the second phase of the Corps’ overall effort to overhaul the three aging jetties at the mouth of the Columbia River. USACE completed two years of work on the mile-long “A” Jetty in 2017, at a cost of about $30 million, according to the Corps’ 2012 “Major Rehabilitation Evaluation Report.”During the third phase, scheduled to take place between 2019 and 2023, USACE will rehabilitate the six-mile-long South Jetty at an estimated cost of at least $147 million.
After 8 years of activity, France Energies Marines, now the Institute for Energy Transition approved by the French State, has redesigned its visual identity.This overhaul aims to mark the new dynamic of the structure whose achievements are now carried by a simplified joint stock company.The new logo displays a simple, uncluttered and modern style, while making clear reference to the marine dimension which is at the heart of the Institute’s activities. The orange and blue colours have been retained as they symbolise energy, the sea and the wind, France Energies Marines explains.The movement of the stylised wave reflects the dynamism of the 45 employees of France Energies Marines as well as the support of its members and partners to always move forward and bring recognised know-how on cutting-edge subjects. The typography used is resolutely contemporary, as is the booming offshore renewable energy sector.
In response to the current global macroeconomic and commodity outlook, the U.S.-based oil and gas company Noble Energy has announced its decision to reduce its 2020 expenditure guidance by $550 million. With this decision to cut its spending budget for 2020 as a result of oil market volatility, Noble Energy has joined its peers Apache and Murphy Oil.David L. Stover, Noble Energy’s Chairman, and CEO, commented, “In light of the recent commodity price downturn, we are sharply reducing capital expenditures. Deferring activity until commodity prices recover protects our investment returns, maintains free cash flow and strengthens the balance sheet.“While this is a challenging environment, Noble Energy is well-positioned to achieve attractive long-term returns for our shareholders. The impact of bringing a mega-project like Leviathan on production is evident today, as it provides greater certainty of cash flows, supports strong financial liquidity and improves our annual production decline profile.”As compared to its earlier announced guidance, the company is immediately acting to reduce its planned 2020 capital expenditures by approximately $500 million, or nearly 30%, to now range between $1.1 and $1.3 billion for the year.In addition, Noble Energy has also identified more than $50 million in reductions through operating and other cash costs. The company is monitoring the macroeconomic and commodity environments and will continue to act prudently to address the evolving business conditions.Approximately 80% of the capital reduction will occur in the U.S. onshore business where the company has significant flexibility in drilling and completion activity, with the majority of contractual arrangements on a well to well basis. More than half of these reductions will occur in the Delaware Basin.Internationally, the company has identified approximately $100 million in capital reductions coming from major project execution, deferral of non-critical spend into future years and the exploration program.Noble Energy is continuing to move forward the Alen gas monetization project in Equatorial Guinea for the first production in early 2021 and will complete pipeline expansion work in Israel.The company had $4.4 billion in financial liquidity at the end of February 2020. In addition, Noble Energy has no significant debt maturities before late 2024.For 2020, approximately 60 percent of the company’s revenue base is protected through hedging contracts (for oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids) or long-term contractual pricing arrangements (Israel production).
LocalNews Calls for change it attitude towards HIV patients in Dominica by: – November 10, 2011 Share Share Share Dr. Jeffrey BlaizeActing Chief Education officer Dr. Jeffery Blaize says there must be a change in attitude towards persons living with HIV/Aids to facilitate effective treatment and care.Dr. Blaize who addressed the start of a four day HIV policy development workshop in Dominica Tuesday, says he believes that the workshop is timely in addressing some of the challenges facing persons living with the disease. “The Ministry of Education and Human resource development is elated to partner with CARICOM and the National HIV Response Unit for the development and implementation of an HIV/AIDS policy within the education sector. We would all agree that the activity is timely particularly in light of increasing access to education including lifelong education as well as the degree of diversity within our school system and within our communities,” he said.According to Blaize, the formulation and implementation of the HIV/AIDS policy represents a critical step towards addressing some of the underlying issues with reference to prevention and the care of persons living with the disease.“We acknowledge that in order to facilitate effective treatment and care of persons living with HIV/AIDS, both behavioral change and change in attitudes towards patients are required,” he said.Issues of discrimination in the workplace must also be addressed he told participants of the workshop which is expected to end here on Friday. Domincia Vibes News Sharing is caring! Tweet 19 Views no discussions
The South Ripley Lady Raiders posted a 6-4 victory over The SW-Hanover Lady Rebels.‘We grabbed an early lead tonight in the first inning and never looked back. As a coaching staff we felt it was the best game our girls have played all year. We were sharp in every aspect of the game and had contributions throughout the entire lineup. We couldn’t have been any prouder of this team tonight in what was a big conference game for both teams.’ Raiders Coach Rob Lafary.Halee Smith- 2 for 3 w/3 RunsHailey Brown- 1 for 3Mady Tompkins- 1 for 4 w/2 Runs and RBIEllie Waldron- 3 for 4 w/2 RBIAlexa Heidt- 1 for 4 w/RBIEmily Campbell- 1 for 3Maddie Hamrick- 1 for 4Pitching WinEllie Waldron- 6 1/3 IP, 4 Runs, 4 ER, 7 Hits, 11 K, 0 BBMady Tompkins w/the save- 2/3 IP, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 KSouth Ripley is now 6-1 and 2-1 in ORVC. SR hosts Rising Sun on Wednesday night.
Westport, IN—A Memorial Day Service is planned for 10 am at the Westport Cemetery. The guest speaker will be Representative Randy Frye. Please bring your own lawn chair and remember those who have served and gave their lives for our freedom. In the event of rain, the event will be canceled.
Press Association Pardew is desperate not to sell any of the men upon whom he hopes to build a side capable of bouncing back from last season’s disappointment amid speculation over the likes of Tim Krul, Cheick Tiote, Yohan Cabaye and Hatem Ben Arfa. However, Pardew believes it would take an offer of breathtaking proportions to persuade owner Mike Ashley to cash in. He told the Chronicle: “I feel we are in a strong position financially to hold on to our players. If one of our top players goes, it will be a bid that blows the doors off. That’s it.” Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has warned clubs targeting his biggest names they will have to “blow the doors off” to stand any chance of landing them. Newcastle have worked hard to tie up their best players on long-term deals, but Pardew is aware they are vulnerable to clubs with bigger spending power dangling the carrot of Champions League football in front of his players. There is a pragmatism too at St James’ Park, as was demonstrated when Ashley accepted Liverpool’s £35million bid for Andy Carroll in January 2011, and while it might not take that much to prise out one of the current crop, potential suitors would have to make the Magpies an offer they simply could not refuse. Pardew said: “In terms of the big players, again we have not sold anybody. We have players under long-term contracts here. Hopefully we can add to that.” There is growing disquiet among fans that Newcastle are yet to add to the squad which struggled so much last season – indeed, they have lost Steve Harper, Danny Simpson and James Perch, with Dan Gosling attracting interest from Crystal Palace – while derby rivals Sunderland have made seven new signings to date and have more in the pipeline. Pardew is particularly keen to recruit a proven striker with Aston Villa’s Darren Bent, with whom he worked briefly at Charlton, among his targets. He said: “We are strong in some areas and weak in others. I think it would be nice to strengthen in some areas. “The obvious target is a striker and we have four or five targets. “It is difficult, because I know there is speculation, particularly about Darren Bent.”
Even then his heroics might still have earned a worthy Barclays Premier League point after Juan Cala bundled in a scrappy equaliser. Martinez said: “It was a really intense game, Cardiff were very, very good. “David Marshall in goal was phenomenal, as good an individual performance as you are going to see from a goalkeeper. “We scored that first goal but let Cardiff back in – that was a very difficult moment. “It became a very difficult test for us and I was pleased that we never panicked and did the right things. “You can say you get a bit lucky when you score the winner so, so late, but it was down to having that control and patience. “I did think we deserved the three points but I thought Cardiff deserved huge, huge credit. “It was a very good performance and a little bit harsh for them to feel what they are going to be feeling. Everton boss Roberto Martinez admitted his team may have got lucky with their last-gasp winner against Cardiff – but had no doubt victory was deserved. Press Association Seamus Coleman condemned the relegation-threatened Bluebirds to a heart-breaking 2-1 loss at Goodison Park when his mishit shot in injury-time beat the outstanding David Marshall. Marshall had earlier repelled Everton with a string of fine saves and it took a deflected Gerard Deulofeu strike to finally beat him just before the hour. “You tend to see everything levels up in the course of a season and I hope Cardiff can get many points between now and the end of the season.” Cardiff felt they should have had a penalty in the latter stages when Wilfried Zaha went down under a challenge from Sylvain Distin but referee Roger East gave nothing. Martinez said: “I believe there were a few interesting calls. “I haven’t seen the replays but there was that incident, there was a possible red card as well (for a tackle) on Gareth Barry, there was the incident in our box. “If we got a little bit of luck today, it balances the real bad luck we had in the last three games. “I will check those calls but they weren’t easy for the referee.” The Barry incident Martinez referred to was a tackle on the on-loan Manchester City midfielder by Kevin Theophile-Catherine, which earned the Cardiff defender a yellow card. Martinez said: “He has the studmarks but we were lucky it didn’t affect any joints. That is the reason he could carry on. “I haven’t seen it but I believe it could have been (red). Both feet are off the ground and he doesn’t get the ball, it is a reckless, reckless challenge with a lot of violence.” The result leaves Cardiff 19th in the table and facing an uphill struggle to survive in the top flight. Manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer felt his team were hard done to. Solskjaer said: “We feel very disappointed not coming away with one, maybe three points. “It was a stonewall penalty for Wilf when he goes through two or three of them at 1-1. “I don’t know how many times we have to look at us claiming penalties and not getting it. “We can talk about it all day long and look at the video but that doesn’t help does it? “The performance was outstanding, a phenomenal effort. They had ‘cojones’ as you say. “We have given Everton a good game, so that is encouraging but we sit here with no points and we need points.” Solskjaer hailed the performance of Marshall. He said: “He has been brilliant all season and he was outstanding again. “The two goals he couldn’t do anything about – the first goal was a deflection, the second a mishit. He was outstanding.”
San Francisco looks to sweep BYU SAVVY VETERANS: Senior leadership could play a big role in this game’s outcome. Jake Toolson, Yoeli Childs, TJ Haws, Alex Barcello and Dalton Nixon have collectively accounted for 73 percent of Brigham Young’s scoring this season. For San Francisco, Charles Minlend, Jamaree Bouyea, Jimbo Lull and Jordan Ratinho have collectively accounted for 63 percent of all San Francisco scoring, including 66 percent of the team’s points over its last five games.TAKE IT UP A NOTCH: The Cougars have scored 83.4 points per game across 10 conference games, an improvement from the 76.4 per game they managed in non-conference play.KEY CONTRIBUTOR: Childs has either made or assisted on 40 percent of all Brigham Young field goals over the last five games. Childs has 46 field goals and 18 assists in those games.UNDEFEATED WHEN: The Cougars are 13-0 when they hold opposing teams to 70 points or fewer and 5-7 when opponents exceed 70 points. The Dons are 10-0 when converting on at least 75 percent of its free throws and 6-9 when they shoot worse than that from the line.STREAK SCORING: Brigham Young has won its last 10 home games, scoring an average of 85.1 points while giving up 63.9. February 7, 2020 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditSan Francisco (16-9, 5-5) vs. Brigham Young (18-7, 7-3)Marriott Center, Provo, Utah; Saturday, 9 p.m. ESTBOTTOM LINE: Brigham Young seeks revenge on San Francisco after dropping the first matchup in San Francisco. The teams last played each other on Jan. 25, when the Dons shot 54.5 percent from the field while limiting Brigham Young’s shooters to just 51.7 percent on the way to an 83-82 victory. DID YOU KNOW: Brigham Young as a team has made 10.6 3-pointers per game this season, which is second-best among Division I teams. The Cougars have averaged 12.6 3-pointers per game over their last five games.___For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25___This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com Associated Press