Advertisement ayivNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs1gxWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eo41q( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) yh8kWould you ever consider trying this?😱6emylbCan your students do this? 🌚4btceRoller skating! Powered by Firework David Beckham’s free kick goal was enough for England to qualify for the World Cup in 2002. In the last match of the qualification stage against Greece, David Beckham scored a brilliant goal from the set piece. England needed at least one point from the last encounter of the group stage match against Greece. However, they were behind in the match by the margin of 2-1 till the beginning of stoppage time in the second half.Advertisement At that moment, England were awarded a free kick from outside the box. The free kick was taken by the captain of England National side, David Beckham. His shot was a curved one and it struck at the top corner of the net. The goalkeeper had no chance to save the shot. With the goal of David Beckham, the match ended with a scoreline of 2-2. The Three Lions got their valuable one point from this match which helped them to qualify for the finals of World Cup 2002.Advertisement England went to the final round of that World Cup being the group topper of that respective group. The free kick goal of David Beckham on that day was certainly memorable for all the fans of England National football team.Advertisement Advertisement
After 50 years of service, officials say the Rumson-Sea Bright Bridge is in need of repair or replacement.By John BurtonRUMSON — State, county and local officials gathered at Borough Hall on Wednesday for the first of what is expected to be a series of meetings on the repair or replacement of the Rumson-Sea Bright bridge.County bridge S-32 extends from Rumson Road on this side of the Shrewsbury River to state Highway 36/Ocean Avenue in Sea Bright. The current structure is about 50 years old, said Martine Culbertson, a community involvement facilitator and consultant, who presided over the meeting.There had been discussions about five or six years about rehabilitating the bridge, but “That project had to be terminated,” said Jon Moran, Monmouth County bridge engineer, but he did not elaborate on the reason why.“It either needs to be rehabilitated or replaced,” Moran said on Wednesday.“The purpose of this meeting is to get input from the stakeholders,” he continued. “What you’d like to see.”“With a 50-year-old bridge we’re starting to see deterioration,” Moran said, noting it would need roughly $10 million worth of work to allow the existing bridge to continue operating.The fact-finding portion of the project, which is federally funded, is expected to take about 18 months, which Culbertson said was an ‘ambitious timeframe’ in which to evaluate public input and make recommendations as to how the project should proceed.But, added Bruce Riegel, the project manager for Hardesty and Hanover, LLC, “This bridge is in serious condition.”To completely build a new bridge could take as much as three years, Riegel said. Another option would be to conduct a maintenance overhaul, which would take approximately 18 months.The Oceanic Bridge, county bridge S-31, connecting Rumson and Middletown, is currently undergoing extensive repairs designed to extend its life for another ten years, at which point the Oceanic bridge would be replaced.County officials would like to wait until that project has been accomplished before moving forward with this, Moran said.Those present at the meeting included local elected officials, administrators and law enforcement personnel.Rumson Mayor John Ekdahl and Sea Bright Borough Councilman C. Read Murphy agreed that one issue to be addressed as the project moves forward is traffic flow.Vehicles traveling in to Sea Bright are currenty prohibited from making a right on red at Highway 36 South.The officials believe that slows traffic down unnecessarily and should be changed, if not during the heavily traveled summer months, then at least during the off-season.Another point, raised by Murphy concerned to bridge’s opening for boat traffic. He said the bridge opens on the half-hour on summer weekends and on request during the week; that can snarl traffic for miles, he said.“One thing,” Culbertson countered. “Boats don’t have breaks,” and the U.S. Coast Guard dictates the current schedule.Other topics concerned the impact on pedestrian safety and on mass transit in the area.Stephen Cutler, a Rumson resident and owner of Channel Club beach club, Monmouth Beach, wanted to know “How can anyone come to the conclusion that closing this bridge for 18 months makes any economic sense?”“There is no easy answer here or we wouldn’t be sitting here,” Culbertson said. “But there is a reality.”The current bridge is the fourth one to connect Sea Bright and Rumson across the Shrewsbury River. “It can be done and it has been done,” Culbertson said of the bridge replacement.The first public input session on the Sea Bright-Rumson bridge will take place Monday Feb. 27, from 1-4 p.m. in Sea Bright, and 6-9 p.m. in Rumson.Another stakeholder gathering will be held in April.
A 26-year-old miner was sentenced to three years imprisonment when he appeared at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts on Wednesday.Twenty-six-year-old, Orin Ridley of Lot 173 Campbell Street, Albouystown, Georgetown , was found guilty on two counts of robberies and assault. He was on trial before Magistrate Annette Singh, who ruled that after perusing the evidence she found him guilty of all four charges.Orin RidleyThe first charge stated that on March 12, 2019 at Lot 173 Campbell and Sussex Streets, Georgetown, Ridley wounded Police Constable Clive Clarke with intent to prevent lawful apprehension.It was further alleged that on the same date and at the same location, Ridley assaulted police constable Nigel Reid with intent to prevent lawful apprehension.The third charge stated that on January 31, 2019 at Albouys Street, Albouystown, Georgetown, Ridley while being armed with a firearm, robbed Saneka Ramlakan of articles amounting to $24,600.The last charge stated that on the same date and location, while being armed with a firearm, he robbed Akash Ramlakan of a pedal cycle valued at $18,000 property of the said Virtual Complainant and used personal violence towards him.The magistrate sentenced Ridley to three years for robbery with violence; three years for robbery under arms, one year for wounding a peace officer and one year for assaulting a peace officer.However, the sentence will run concurrently, which means Ridley will only be spending three years behind bars.
TAYLOR, B.C. – The Peace River Regional District has issued an evacuation order and an evacuation alert for the South Taylor area.The evacuation order affects the following area:Pingle Creek Road232 Road (Lythall Road)Travis Subdivision2477 Highway 97 (Alaska Highway)The evacuation alert affects the following area:2657 HIGHWAY 972582 247 RD2637 HIGHWAY 972675 247 RD2608 HIGHWAY 972694 247 RD2595 HIGHWAY 972710 249 RD2593 HIGHWAY 972749 247 RD5558 230 RD2737 249 RD5528 230 RD2578 247 RD5492 230 RD2683 HIGHWAY 97- Advertisement -Here is a map of the areas affected.
Liverpool legend Ray Houghton is confident his former side can contend for the Premier League title this season if they can boost their indifferent home form.The Reds are just six points adrift of leaders Manchester City following an impressive turn of fortunes under new manager Jurgen Klopp.They have lost just once in 11 games since the German’s appointment, and their travels on the road have seen the impressive Merseysiders claims some big scalps, including a 3-1 win over Chelsea and a 4-1 drubbing at title favourites City.Their most recent trip away saw Liverpool smash Southampton 6-1 in the League Cup quarter-finals, with Daniel Sturridge scoring a brace on his return from injury and 20-year-old Divock Origi netting a hat-trick.And ex-midfielder Houghton, a League Cup winner with the Reds in 1986, believes they will have the chance to end their long wait for a league crown if Klopp finds a way to transfer their ‘quite brilliant’ away form to their Anfield home.Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, Houghton said: “Liverpool’s away form this season has been quite brilliant. We’ve beaten Stoke, Chelsea, Man City, had draws at Everton, Spurs and Arsenal and the only defeat they’ve had on the road has been against Manchester United. The points return against the top teams so far has been phenomenal.“But it’s at home where they’ve struggled. We’ve won just three of the seven league games at Anfield and they haven’t scored too many goals. But if they can get a bit of form from last night into their home games, they’ll be up there.“Liverpool are playing with confidence at the moment, we’ve got a bit of momentum and the manager is bright. He just makes the game simple, he doesn’t complicate and he’s not trying to invent something new. He’s very simplistic in his views and what he puts across.“I’ve watched loads of games this season and, for me, there isn’t one team who are running away with it and you could say are definites for the title.“Liverpool are six points off the top now and they’ve played all the top teams away from home, so if they can get their home form sorted out there’s no doubt that they can be up there competing to try and win it. I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t think that based on this season’s form.”
LETTERKENNY has been given a much-needed jobs boost with the announcement of 75 new jobs for the town.The South Carolina-headquartered company is to invest in a 40,000 sq ft expansion of its Lisnennan facility.The investment is supported by the Government via IDA Ireland. Zeus Industrial Products is a developer and manufacturer of precision polymer extrusions, including specialist fluropolymer tubing solutions, for a range of industries.Established in 1966, the company is privately held by the original founder Frank P Tourville and employs 1,200 people worldwide. The company established operations in Ireland in 2005.“Our experience of doing business in Ireland has been a positive one,” said the company’s general manager for Ireland Séamus Hughes.He said the decision to expand its operations here was due to growth in its customer base in Europe. “We are very excited about our expansion plans and I look forward to finding the right calibre of staff to ensure our continued success here,” Mr Hughes added.EndsFirst posted: 13.00 Thursday Dec 16th: Updated 10.00 FridayALWAYS FIRST WITH THE GOOD NEWS: 75 NEW JOBS ANNOUNCED FOR LETTERKENNY was last modified: December 17th, 2010 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
COMMENT: Paddy McGrath is a top class defender who enjoyed a fantastic campaign for Donegal in 2016 – but unfortunately he has yet again missed out on a coveted All-Star award. McGrath’s job for Donegal is an unenviable role, he’s always the player tasked with the responsibility to mark one of the opponents best players.But McGrath is never found wanting for Donegal. Never.He has time after time performed brilliantly for Donegal and has been without doubt one of their most consistent players of the last six seasons.He goes about his business without any fuss, but he never gets the credit he deserves.He may not be as technically or naturally gifted as his hero Damien Diver – but McGrath is one of the best defenders in Ireland – and he has been for a number of years. Conor McManus is one of the best forwards in Ireland, a class act who terrorised Donegal in the Ulster SFC final in 2015.This summer, Donegal faced Monaghan and Rory Gallagher’s side eventual got the better of them after a replay victory.One of the main reasons for Donegal’s win, was the incredible man marking job Paddy McGrath did on McManus.He nullified his threat from play, and while McManus was still deadly from placed balls, McGrath snuffed him out with deadly effect.It was another selfless display from McGrath who followed those two performances up with excellent outings against Tyrone, Cork and Dublin. He enjoyed a terrific year in 2012, but missed out on an All-Star, and this year he has again unfortunately missed out on being honoured nationally with an All-Star.Former Donegal manager summed up the type of player McGrath is with the following statement on him.McGuinness was speaking about McGrath, and an injury concern he had prior to Donegal’s All-Ireland U21 final with Dublin. McGrath had a broken jaw.“I saw the x-ray myself. Paddy said to the surgeon, ‘if I go out and get it broken again, what’s the worst that can happen’. “The surgeon told him, ‘I’ll fix it’.“Paddy said, ‘that’s OK then. I’m going to play in the game’. That’s the type of person that predominantly wins you football matches and I’m glad to have him in my team.”McGrath is similar to Frank McGlynn in many aspects, they stay out of the spotlight, and focus solely on their jobs for Donegal.Both are incredibly consistent, but McGlynn has got the recognition outside of Donegal, and his colleague McGrath deserves that too.He’s a class act, and one of the best around, I suppose we don’t need an All-Star to confirm that.But come the summer, and the start of the Ulster SFC – when Donegal take to the field, they’ll be a man in the corner and his name is Paddy McGrath.Thank god we have him.Comment: Paddy McGrath is a class act and he deserved an All-Star was last modified: November 3rd, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:All StarGAAnewsPaddy McGrathSport
This week our fitness columnist Emmet Rushe, owner and operator of Rushe Fitness, takes us through five ways to stay on track with our diets and presents us with the Little Black Dress challenge…The Little Black Dress Challenge can be done from home!During times of increased pressure and stress, mistakes in our dietary habits can easily happen. You don’t have time to prepare meals. You are snowed under at work and haven’t time for lunch. You are rushing from place to place and grabbing the quickest thing that comes to hand and those things are usually junk.Is it any wonder that some of us wake up one morning and wonder what the hell happened? How do we get around this problem? How do we make better choices when you are tight for time and finding it hard to think ahead? Here’s a few thing that you can do to stay on track and keep mistakes to a minimum.1: Get up earlyWhen you know you are going to have a busy day ahead of you, setting the alarm to go off half an hour earlier than usual means you can get up and prepare yourself a big breakfast.This isn’t anything new. Our mothers have been telling you this for years and mammies know best. By eating a balanced breakfast not only are you are curbing hunger for a few hours, you are also helping your concentration levels and because your satiety levels are increased the likelihood of reaching for something at the till is greatly reduced. 2: Reduce your carbohydrate intake.If you know you are going to be all over the place because of different projects, and getting pulled from pillar to post, you need to reassess your food intake.Carbs are a fuel source for our body; if the body is idle it doesn’t need as much fuel. Reducing your intake of carbs to mainly around training times means your body will use them for energy and you won’t have excess in your system and go over on your daily needs. Tip 3 will sort any hunger.3: Increase your intake of vegetables.When you take something out you simply cannot leave a void. Increasing your intake of vegetables with every meal will help keep you feeling fuller for longer during and after meals and because vegetables have very few calories, you don’t have to worry about how much you eat.4: Snack on fruit and low calorie foods.When you are in a hurry you always end up reaching for the quick fix food choices. Keeping portions of fruit at hand means you will always have a quick and portable snack at hand.If you want to use nuts as a snack, please be careful with your portion size, it is very easy to go over on the amount of nuts you eat and take in huge amounts of calories. Portion sizes for nuts are a small palm-full or a thumb length of them (not the whole bag).The reduction of carbs means that our fat intake will have to increase to keep energy levels up; snacking on nuts can help with this. 5: Eat protein with every meal.This should be a staple of every diet no matter what the goal is. Protein helps with satiety levels and will keep you fuller for longer and because it is so satisfying it is very hard to over eat, you are getting calorie control without even knowing it.Protein is also needed for maintenance of and increasing muscle mass, this is not a bad thing. The more muscle you have the more calories your burn at rest. You are basically turning your body into a fat burning machine; pass the chicken!These are some basic tips that you can use when you are busy and find it hard to pre-prepare your meals in advance. They should help you keep on track.#TrainSmart If you are looking for a way to train from home and use techniques like above to help with your weight loss, I have launched my Little Black Dress Challenge program.You can find out more information follow this link: http://www.rushefitness.ie/little-black- dress-challenge or contact me on FacebookDD Fitness: Eating on the fly was last modified: October 30th, 2016 by Emmet RusheShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
A 17-year-old Letterkenny student has been chosen as Miss Donegal for 2018.Sophie Devlin, a fifth-year pupil at Loreto convent, was a hugely popular winner at the final held in Dillon’s Hotel.Sophie will no go forward to represent Donegal in the Miss Ireland pageant. She follows in the footsteps of Buncrana woman Lauren McDonagh who was the overall winner of Miss Ireland last year.Sophie, who also works part-time in the Honey Pot restaurant at High Road, beat off stiff competition in the final.Other stunning finalists included Robyn Boyle, Carla Wylie, Jessica Wood, Ayesha Aiken, Rebekah Coyle, Niamh McCarry, Nicole Gallagher and Chloe Montgomery.The very capable MC for the evening was the ever-popular Marty Friel. Letterkenny student wins Miss Donegal 2018 was last modified: May 26th, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)